Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
This would appear to be a function of emptiness, rather than solely a function of space. Perhaps a compromise can be struck between filling the emptiness and taking away the space? Just a thought.
Yeah, I think the problem with the Mako in Mass Effect wasn't so much the Mako itself but rather the terribly designed open-world areas that you used it in. The areas were far too large to have so little of interest, and the fact that 95% of the terrain you encountered was either nearly-flat plains or sheer cliffs and mountains with hardly anything in between was just ridiculous. (The other 5% were plateaus IIRC.)

Still, the one thing I appreciated about the open-world planetary sections was that they really let you choose how you wanted to approach most situations. I remember a lot of times where a group of enemies was well defended from most angles, but a tenacious Mako driver could still climb up a nearby mountain and find a good place to snipe from. Then again, the rest of the time you were stuck just peeking out of cover slowly wearing down those damn missile towers over and over again.

Actually, wait, the BEST thing about the Mako was using it to run over Geth.