[Sunny Meadow -> Nexus Crystal Gardens]

With a pop and a crackle, Nera, who had drifted out of sight some time ago, slid lazily back into the group’s vicinity through some unseen portal. She didn’t come alone, however. Perched calmly on her back was the small form of Naxim, looking exceptionally tired but otherwise no worse the wear for whatever ordeals she had undergone. Arkho came striding into existence after them, and she in turn was followed by a humanoid figure comprised entirely of pale, glowing mist.

“Hello again, I hope you’re all ready to go. Drellan, if you please.”

With an amiable nod, the vaporous entity strode off to the side and began rapidly moving through a sequence of complex gestures. There was no obvious effect at first, but gradually the air in that area became harder and harder to look at without tearing up or needing to sneeze, as if reality itself was being warped past recognition.

“And now I must apologize for the abruptness, but we need to get moving. So, without further ado…”

The party felt their feet leave the ground as Arkho darted forwards, then they were hurtling after her with Nera bringing up the rear. They rushed right into the pocket of increasingly warped reality and suddenl-

“-d you would not believe what they’ve put up in Sector 8. Seriously, you should take a look the next time you’re out that way.”

They were all standing neatly back in the Crystal Gardens of the Nexus, only a few yards away from the magnanimous Steve, with whom Arkho was apparently in pleasant conversation. She glanced over at them.

“Ah, there you are. I once again ask forgiveness for abruptness, but now that you’re all back safe and sound, we must return to our duties. Goodbye.”

And with that, both she and Nera vanished.

Well then…