So my friends and I put together a cube and it is pretty awesome. However I'm past the honeymoon phase and I'm looking for ways to improve it. The cube is for multiplayer, we originally put in some aggressive cards in case we wanted to try 1v1 some time but 3 weeks and 9-10 drafts later no one has even considered it so that needs to go. One major problem has been the absurd power of board wipes and clone effects. They shut down the game for creature decks and we've had as many as 3 blue control decks battling it out while 2 more green decks died in the background. So that's getting kicked down a notch. One thing I need some help with is low curve cards that matter. The Afro creatures are getting cut as well as some sweepers that previously rendered them irrelevant so I need to find some cards that are cast before turn 4 that matter in multiplayer.

Options so far seem to be:
-Elves/Myr
-etb triggers like blood seeker/essence warden
-growing creatures like bloodhall ooze/quirion dryad
-Utility creatures like spellshapers/advocates/guildmages/grand abolisher effects.

Tribal cards won't really work since it's a 465 card cube and we would need to devote too much space to make them work.

I'd like to hear any particular suggestions, though my budget is fairly low so unless someone in my group already has the card and it costs more than a dollar or two I probably won't get it. I'm confident that I can get plenty of good tier 2 cards for less than a dollar though.