View Single Post

Thread: Mount and Blade

1. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Mount and Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Jeivar View Post
    Okay, I guess I'm getting Warband. I just took a look at a character creation video on youtube and the list of possible skills is a bit daunting. Are there any must-haves, or any that are an absolute waste of skill points?
    Obviously, only take skills for weapons you plan to use (Weapon proficiency points are theoretically infinite, so don't worry about them), so don't take Power Throw and Power Draw. Also, mounted archery and shield are only for their respective users. Athletics is of dubious use for mounted characters (i.e. most people), but does come in handy during tournaments and sieges. Crossbows don't have a skill tied to them, but only the small, weak ones can be used on horseback.

Ironflesh and Leadership are mandatory and should be maxed out on the PC at every opportunity. Prisoner Management only needs a few points innitially, but you definately want one point in it. Medical skills are also pretty important, although you can put them on a companion if you want instead since only the highest medical skill in the party is used (although you add an extra bonus to each party skill based on your level, even if you're the one with the highest skill, so investing in surgery at least is a pretty good idea).
    Last edited by Squark; 2014-11-14 at 01:07 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe