Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
"I like to entertain the romanticized idea that maybe...you will somehow find yourself with a soul......that would be cool...that would make a great story....like something...happened...some nebulous something and the spark of a soul made its way into you~ ooo," Gearstride could not help but grin as she got caught up in her own head.
"Heh. As nice as that sounds, I have no idea what it would take to get a soul, or if it's even possible for a golem to have a soul." Amaranth responds to Gearstride.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
Foxglove listened to this idea and nodded in a dreamy, happy way -- she liked this idea. Still, finding a soul in this castle, nothing but the ghosts -- who had stopped until she rebooted, at that -- that seemed... Well. You couldn't leave, not when it was what you were, watching the castle. But when you weren't just "watching the castle," then how could you not leave a place descending into wreckage, all alone...? She lowered her head, looking at Amaranth through her lashes.

"...Was it like that? Like being and not-being? ...That sounds hard. It's better not to be anything."

She did not really say this to Amaranth -- after all, since she didn't remember what happened before, so she couldn't answer. Nevermind that her statement made, to someone not following along her own thoughts, very little sense.
"Well...it's...I'm not really sure." Amaranth admits.

"It's like being deathly allergic to sunlight. You can't go outside at basically any time, because the primary life-giving light on the planet will kill you. You can't see the sun, the flowers, the blue sky, because you are never able to leave your house. You don't get to see the world for yourself, only pictures, and things specifically brought in to be shown to you. You can never interact with the world outside, and it can never interact with you. Worst, is the knowledge that this will never change." Explains someone else that wasn't in the room before.