Quote Originally Posted by ProphetSword View Post
That's part of the problem. Some of us want high level characters to be heroes who can be challenged...not gods who are unstoppable.
I know. Some people like certain things, other people don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
I'm sorry - at what point in 3.5 do characters get Divine Ranks in the course of leveling up? If they don't, then they should NEVER be classified as 'minor dieties'. High-level characters are people with above-average-but-still-human ability, a lot of plot armor(Hit points), and ability to negate other's plot armor (Increased damage). And cool special abilities that are still human(oid) in scope. Even if it's magic.
Well evidently this isn't true, and that's what you've been arguing is a fault of 3.5. A high level character can walk on clouds, swim up a waterfall made of lava, directly override someone's free will by speaking real good, crawl through the gaps in a completely solid wall, accurately forge handwriting they've never seen before, ascertain someone's moral and ethical leanings by glancing at their face for half a second, disable a complex pit trap or open a masterfully made lock in such a small amount of time it doesn't even take an action, see an invisible, motionless zombie floating in midair and, after falling from space, effortlessly land on their feet without taking a single point of damage. And that's without even touching class features, or the good ol' classics such as killing an army of hundreds of thousands without taking a scratch. If that's above-average-but-still-human then I want to meet the humans you've been hanging out with.