Quote Originally Posted by theNater View Post
There's a few sources, but I think the one most relevant to this discussion is the comic strip The Order of the Stick, written by Rich Burlew. It's still ongoing, but to date we've met three free-willed sentient undead. All of them seem very human-like in their reasoning. Certainly, none of them have displayed the inherent antipathy towards life that you describe. One(and only one) has been known to kill for entertainment, but my understanding is that he also tended to do that while alive, and he's not significantly more likely to do it than a living halfling we've also met.
You're now arguing against yourself.

If they're so "free willed" - which I don't necessarily agree with - that would be evidence against your prior statement, "Vampires usually kill for food, and kill humans because they are readily available(convenience) or particularly tasty(subcategory of entertainment). There's no reason a vampire would go after you, personally, if there are tastier or easier to get humans around."

Regardless, there is not enough evidence for you to make the claims you're making in this post either. There isn't enough data on Durkula yet, likely on purpose for the story. Malack worshiped death - literally - even though Giant was also hiding the fact of him being undead from the readers on purpose. And Xykon... well, even if he was the exact same before undeath it wouldn't prove your point. It would only demonstrate insufficient evidence if I was trying to prove something by his actions (which, for the record, I'm not.)