Spoiler: Detect Thoughts
Show
Oh yes. I definitely left a pot on the fire. I need to go fix that so my house doesn't burn down. Like, now. Hmmmmm, maybe I have time to grab some mustache wax on the way home, hmmm? Oh god that smoke over thataway better not be me...

The dwarf hands over the canister to Jal'ex. It is surprisingly heavy for its size, and it is definitely ticking softly. 'Be careful not to jostle it too much, it is... delicate, and I would not want it to break. Now there are preparations I must make.' The dwarf nods to the group. 'I'll take my leave now. When we next meet I will certainly know if my will has been done.' He tosses a bag onto the table that clunks with the weight of gold coin. 'Your up-front,' he says as he turns to leave.

Outside Zur's:

The streets are bustling and vendors hawk every ware, from magic swords to insurance to afterlife benefits packages for competing gods. Town criers yell out teasers for the latest news (the actual stories you need to buy a paper for) and you think that looks like a riot brewing in front of city hall over the latest tax hike on thuamium dust. And well above the city rises the alabaster tower of sorcery...