[Riftline]

Maph and the backpack get dumped on the seat! Or at least the backpack does. Maph continues hovering where he was relative to Gwen before she removed the pack in spite of the fact that she isn't wearing the pack anymore.

"Well, around the Nexus I'm known as Maph'tey the Challenge Rating Appropriate Random Encounter. If you want more generally, I'm Aes Shee. If you want more specifically generally, my spooky title is The Gate, The Lock, and The Key. It's 'cuz I'm in charge of the threshold between the Dreamlands and Nowhere."

Uuuh...

Making a deal with a creature like this may not be wise.

"Anywho! Like I said, I heard you were in need of some magical help 'cuz you've got goblins all up in your domicile and that just isn't going to do, is it? So I'm offering a once in a lifetime opportunity! You swear fealty to me and I'll make you a true and proper witch. Included in the deal is a selection of various witchy accessories for you to choose from! It's all pretty cool stuff if you ask me. And the best thing about the deal? The only real payment on your part is that when you're on death's door I'll spirit you away to my demesne in the Dreamlands. Where you'll be mine."

Pause for dramatic impact.

"Forever."

The little critter smiles an amiable smile.

"Doesn't that sound great?"