Quote Originally Posted by Gusion View Post
Just admit that, "There's no reason a vampire would go after you, personally, if there are tastier or easier to get humans around" was a stronger statement than you intended to make and be done with it.
I might, if it were true. However, I'm sufficiently confident that context will clue enough people in to the fact that it's a generalization, rather than a universal truth, that I don't feel any compulsion to cater to people who don't see that, for whatever reason.
Except it doesn't. That's not how logic works. If somebody is already anything... +2 dodge bonus... if they get another +2 dodge bonus just because that it didn't stake doesn't mean the second +2 dodge bonus didn't happen. If Xykon already had a compulsion to kill the living before becoming undead it doesn't mean anything. I never said that being undead was the only way to have a compulsion... some people have that compulsion too. I'm only arguing that all undead do although some have more elaborate plans to that end than others - but that's NOT the same as free will.
If someone gets two +2 dodge bonuses, we will expect them to dodge more often than someone with only one such bonus. Similarly, we would expect someone with two murderous compulsions to kill more often than someone with only one, rather than approximately as often.
*shrugs* it shows a lack of evidence. We have no idea what Malack's grand schemes were, nor what directions Nergal provided him. Giant purposefully hid Malack's true nature to improve the storytelling.

That aside, we know he has a plan that ends up destroying his dwarven homeland. He's not doing it to feed. That's pretty much a sentient way of completing a murderous compulsion as I can think of right now.
You seem to be having some difficulty with the nature of clerics. Plans provided by Nergal and Hel are not compulsions from negative energy, they are directives from a diety to a follower. We'd expect to see such plans in any cleric of Nergal or Hel, living or dead.
"If I weren't composed entirely of negative energy I would yarf." is such a human thing to think. How silly of me.
While you seem to be agreeing, I suspect sarcasm. In case that is sarcasm, let me link you to a the tvtropes page Sickeningly Sweethearts (WARNING: tvtropes link), where a number of humans react to displays of affection by describing revulsion, up to and including a desire to vomit.