1. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mithar Keep IV: Magic Babble lies within

The Living Room

Jezebel doesn't turn back yet, instead leaning on a table to look at a wall. "I don't know what I can advise, Cessie, and for that, I'm sorry. There are three things I want to tell you though." He explains, twisting his neck a bit to make it pop audibly. "First, you're wrong. Dead wrong." He says, finally turning around to try and look Cessie in the eyes. "This entire thing isn't your fault. It isn't anyone's fault. It is merely something that happens and you did nothing to cause it. Your children won't grow to resent you, you're going to raise them well, and they'll love you the more for it." He explains with a small smile. "You're plenty enough for them and they know it, even as young as they are."

"Second."
    He starts, holding up two fingers. "It hurts. It hurts a lot and you hate Harnel for causing the pain. Because you're hurt, you think you won't be able to love anyone or be loved. Again, that's wrong. Cessie, love isn't something you can only get from one person or give to one person. It's okay to fall in and out of love. Think back and ask yourself this. "Did I love him?" It doesn't matter if it was for a long while or a short one, but if you did love him, can't you say it was worth it even for the short time you were together? He made you laugh, smile, and feel wonderful. You've had beautiful children with him, and as much as you resent him and will always resent him in some part of you, he's had an impact on your life. One that you will always end up smiling about." He says as he steps closer. "And...think about it. He was the second person to make you feel like that. Why can't there be a third? Or eventually a fourth? It isn't hopeless, Cessie, but you need to remember that while sometimes these moments and feelings are fleeting, they're still genuine. You loved Harnel. You loved Aegnor. There's still some part of you that will always love them even when you find someone new. And that's why your heart aches." Jezebel explains as he kneels down in front of Cessie, pointing at where her heart is, his finger just a couple inches away from touching her. "It feels like it's been ripped apart every time you think of him, but it will get better and heal and you'll find that there's still room for someone else in there."

Finally, while still kneeling in front of her, the god looks up at her. "And lastly...it's okay to cry Cessie. Always. You don't need to hold it in. No one expects you to."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2014-11-25 at 11:06 AM.