1. - Top - End - #459
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Magic the Gathering XX: KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    I'll spoiler this to avoid cluttering.
    Spoiler
    Show

Things that jump out at me.
    Mantis Rider is a big deal? I thought most tri color decks tried to avoid using things that cost all three colors, if it's something that wants to be played early on in the match.
    I like the charm, it's good for the aggro or burn phase of the deck, and stoke the flames I can see being useful for either burn or removal in a pinch.

Seeker and Swiftspear I'm a fan of, so that's cool. I was gonna ask if Rabble could be traded out as I'm not a fan of the card, but you mentioned that so thank you. Between the phoenix and dragon, which is actually more critical to the deck?

If you aren't running Rabble, are the outburst cards still useful in the deck? And is any other burn considered decent for the deck. In terms of cheap burn for the colors, couldn't you use Boros Charm as well or is that a terrible idea?
    Mantis Rider is amazing. It's a lightning bolt every turn that pays for Stoke and needs to be answered. Mana is pretty darn good right now so you can, more often than not, play Mantis Rider turn 3. Neither Phoenix nor Dragon are particularly critical but they're both quality; Phoenix is great if you want to be able to grind out some advantage, Dragon is better for dodging Abzan Charms and Banishing Lights. And finally, Boros Charm would generally be considered a pretty terrible idea, since you'd get DQd. Since it's not standard legal anymore. But if you're not playing standard than sure go ahead, four to the face is pretty good.

EDIT: ALSO, my personal opinion, Hordeling Outburst is always a bad card to play in this deck.
    Last edited by IcemanJRC; 2014-12-02 at 10:03 PM.
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents