Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
Really? I mean, I guess I can see that, but how is it different than, say, a...hm, I can't really come up with a counterexample. I could call it the "First Language" in mechanical text and refer to the checks as "diction checks" or something. That might get rid of the "Base Tzocatl DC" thing that isn't really a DC problem while I'm at it, if I just call it a "Diction check".
I think the issue is that it feels a bit like the current layout lacks cohesion a bit. Words like Advocate, Knight-Scholar, etc. imply a western European theme that jars with the otherwise South American theme implied by the other terminology involved in the subsystem. I don't know that you need to strip Tzocatl and other such references out, but the other terminology should really be updated to match; basically there's some dissonance in the theme and going one way or the other would help clean that up. While making everything uniform to the precedent set by the class names and changing Tzocatl to diction is probably the easiest way to make a generic and accessible supplement, I'd actually be really disappointed to see the change. I'd rather it go the other way with more South American references worked into the naming structure (at least in theme, if not actual language).