Quote Originally Posted by Laserlight View Post
Q505
I fly directly over a target who is on the ground, and cast a spell which includes a Push effect.
A505
You cannot push it. Same effect as if you try to push someone who has their back to a wall. No movement option available increases the distance between you and the target, so you can't push them. Note that if you had performed the attack from any square other than directly overhead, you could have pushed. But not while overhead, unless there is a ditch/ramp/etc. in any of the surrounding squares.

While flying at Altitude One, I provoke an OA which has the effect "prone".
Q506A Does this knock me prone, or just bring me to ground and end my flight? That is, would Team Monster need two Prone effects to make me actually prone?
A506A
Will depend on the flight rules applicable, but if there are no specific ones, as per DMG pgs 47-48:
  • knocked Prone: a flying creature that is knocked prone crashes.
  • Crashing: most of the time, a creature that falls from the air slams into the ground and takes falling damage as normal (see page 284 of the Player’s Handbook). However, sometimes a creature is high enough in the air or is a skilled enough flier that it can avoid a crash landing.
    ✦ safe Distance: a flying creature that crashes immediately drops a distance equal to its fly speed. if it reaches the ground, it lands safely.
    ✦ Falling: if the flier has not yet reached the ground, it crashes.
    ✦ Crashes: a creature that crashes falls all the way to the ground and takes falling damage.

Q506B Once I'm actually prone, I assume I need to use a move action to Stand before I can resume flying?
A506B
Yes. You cannot move while prone other than crawling, which rules out flight.

Grey Wolf