1. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Rogue Trader, whats the point of the Rogue Trader class?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    The Rogue Trader is the face and general buffer. He gets social skills other than intimidate faster than the other classes, the ability to buff his allies.

He doesn't necessarily control the money (that's the Seneschel's job), he gets people to negotiate and agree to his terms without pointing guns at them. Or at least, without them knowing guns are pointed at them. He also gives a decent buff that can make the difference between success and failure in most attempts.

The RT is also the only character that can totally be played as a nigh-useless fop, who just happens to employ a number of very dangerous and skilled individuals. Which can be a blast to play, if you know what you're doing. Edit, clarification: By know what you're doing, I mean know how to do it in a way that doesn't aggravate said dangerous and skilled individuals more than their paycheck/fondness of you will cover.
    Ok, thats what i figured he did, it just didnt seem like that buff was all that big of a deal. I also found it weird that there was no way to improve it, like extra targets or something like that.

On the second, while i feel that that would be hilarious to RP, he wants to actually be good at what he does. Meaning he wants to get his badass captain on. Guess he'll just play something else and call himself the Rogue Trader.

Edit: actually with a bit more poking ive realized that that Buff is actually a really nice partner to Charms Inspire.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2014-12-07 at 10:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel