Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
It's even better if you recruit him in BG1EE. Apparently his "I wish to be protected from death" wasn't wise to demand of a genie who dislikes you. He gets stripped of a lot of levels and dropped alone and helpless on the surface in front of a band of adventurers who would probably kill him if they weren't so busy laughing at his alliteration.
I presume he also loses the ability to have more than one copy of those spells going.

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
This has always been the case, actually, even in a vanilla game. It's not such a terrible deal. 18 CON halflings also get bonus saving throws since they're a race of shorties. And 19 Dex on a support caster (I figure most single-classed clerics fall into that niche) isn't bad, you can do some really mean stuff with the innate halfling proficiency in slings and all that Dexterity once you've exhausted your spell compendium. And you can make a successful Cleric/Thief unless that multiclass is barred for some reason for halflings.

It's not documented in the game but maybe the fact that Dwarves can't have maximum 18 Charisma and Gnomes and Halflings can't have maximum 18 Wisdom is some sort of a counterbalance mechanic due to how awesome their racial powers are. Any dwarf with 19 CON has some really serious saving throw boni, and a Gnomish Fighter/Illusionist with 18 CON is also a fun, safe build.
Huh. I didn't actually know that. It may be because I've never tried to make a halfling cleric before. But yes, 19 Dexterity on a cleric isn't bad. It gives him a decent chance to hit something with his sling, and good AC. I think the only multiclass available to halflings is fighter/thief, though.