Calia stares distractedly ahead. She keeps brushing the strap of her haversack over and over, as if to reassure her that it is still there. She hesitates for a moment before stepping into the Painted House - the guards are still fresh in her memory, the innkeeper seems to know Elara and Myr, and not for the first time she wonders what she has let slip in her blindness and preoccupation with a goal that no longer matters.

She takes a seat awkwardly, sitting still and ramrod straight, still not quite focused on the room in front of her.

"Tell Commander Vasher," she begins, and has to stop, swallow, begin again. Her voice is hoarse from disuse and pain and also fire. One day, she would learn to think before she leapt. One day. "Tell him to examine the buildings around Heroes' Plaza. Major landmarks. I have cause to believe that the Six... have ties to the old regime. The Catos. There may be... I don't know. History. Code. Old secret passages. Something that will tell us who they are and what they want."

"I... thank the commander for his assistance. We have to be careful though. Oberon wants the game, and I believe he, at least, and therefore Malthus - that's the shapeshifter - will enforce the letter of their law. We can use that. At least a bit. For the next two days, the - three of us, we are the only ones who can attack Annas."
She'd wanted the other four gone, earlier. Now half of them are gone, and she just wants them back. She glances at Elara. "Annas is their scout. I don't really know what she looks like, but from all I've heard, she considers herself to be a predator in a world of prey. Malthus is a shapeshifter, but when he's not shifting, he's kind of... pale. Unfinished-looking, really. Maniakh is undead. Theral looks like a dragon. Oberon is an illusionist, and underneath that he walks around with a golden mask. So... I guess she's the one who's murdering people and doesn't look like any of those. If the three of us can capture her, so much the better, but it is more important that no one else get in the way. The Six will do more than enough without us giving them a reason to kill."

Words from the tavern drift back into her head. "We... we can attack those four, I think. Capture at least one, before the next two days are up. If we can find one of those, target them - maybe Theral or Maniakh, we can defend at least a bit against his undead now - well, it's a start." She exhales. Something is stirring in her chest. It feels almost like hope.