Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
My party's around level six. That's not much, but I'd rather not go level-grind.
My brain is full of kremówki there.

You don't need level-grinding to have fully maxed out characters in BG1 (and level 6 certainly isn't fully maxed), even if your characters are all multiclassers. Did you just kind of speedrun and not bother with the sidequests at all? I tend to be close to maxed out while entering Baldur's Gate, and that's without going through every single patch of the wilderness, just big things like Gnoll's Keep, Gullykin, Ulcaster's, the lighthouse...

Well anyway, here's things that can be of assistance:
  • Angelo's fireball arrows can prove lethal to his own allies if you prepare accordingly (that is, stack Resist Fire on your frontline). Semaj, who sometimes casts Dimension Door right into the middle of your team at the start for some reason (especially if you send your frontliner with Boots of Speed forward and then immediately retreat to the backline), tends to get blown up immediately. Granted, the enemies do have high fire resistance, but with some proper positioning (active pause is your friend as always) I've been able to screw Angelo over. I once even had Angelo deliver the final strike to Sarevok.
  • Make sure that you do not trigger the traps on the Bhaal symbol in the middle of the room and on the sides, because you certainly don't want to face Battle Horrors as well. Try to hold the battle outside the circle, next to the exit.
  • Tazok really is nothing special. Pincushion him if you can spare the time.
  • Ranged weapons are also your friend because you can kite a lot more then, if nothing else. It's way, way easier to kill everyone at range (esp. Semaj; your best chances in melee are against Angelo), and it's easier to make the battlefield not cramped this way, too, you don't want to surround Sarevok while he's still in trap vicinity. Also the magic arrows are very strong.
  • Even if you don't want/can't completely abuse summons (because it's perfectly possible to just destroy Sarevok by overwhelming him with minions), they're still very useful - Animate Dead, Summon Monster, whatever you get. Cast them on top of Angelo, send any melee fighter to 1v1 him. Cast minions on Sarevok to buy yourself time.