View Single Post

Thread: Baldur's Gate: The Thread

1. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Baldur's Gate: The Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    My brain is full of kremówki there.
    I suppose there are worse things a brain can be full of; those are at least tasty.

You don't need level-grinding to have fully maxed out characters in BG1 (and level 6 certainly isn't fully maxed), even if your characters are all multiclassers. Did you just kind of speedrun and not bother with the sidequests at all? I tend to be close to maxed out while entering Baldur's Gate, and that's without going through every single patch of the wilderness, just big things like Gnoll's Keep, Gullykin, Ulcaster's, the lighthouse...
    Nope, I wouldn't say I speed-run. But maybe I did miss a lot of the subquests somehow. They're often squirrelled away in weird places. Maybe I'll just use the console to give myself some XP. I don't particularly feel like doing the ToSC content anyhow. I haven't done it yet, so I guess that explains it.

• Angelo's fireball arrows can prove lethal to his own allies if you prepare accordingly (that is, stack Resist Fire on your frontline). Semaj, who sometimes casts Dimension Door right into the middle of your team at the start for some reason (especially if you send your frontliner with Boots of Speed forward and then immediately retreat to the backline), tends to get blown up immediately. Granted, the enemies do have high fire resistance, but with some proper positioning (active pause is your friend as always) I've been able to screw Angelo over. I once even had Angelo deliver the final strike to Sarevok.
    • Make sure that you do not trigger the traps on the Bhaal symbol in the middle of the room and on the sides, because you certainly don't want to face Battle Horrors as well. Try to hold the battle outside the circle, next to the exit.
    • Tazok really is nothing special. Pincushion him if you can spare the time.
    • Ranged weapons are also your friend because you can kite a lot more then, if nothing else. It's way, way easier to kill everyone at range (esp. Semaj; your best chances in melee are against Angelo), and it's easier to make the battlefield not cramped this way, too, you don't want to surround Sarevok while he's still in trap vicinity. Also the magic arrows are very strong.
    • Even if you don't want/can't completely abuse summons (because it's perfectly possible to just destroy Sarevok by overwhelming him with minions), they're still very useful - Animate Dead, Summon Monster, whatever you get. Cast them on top of Angelo, send any melee fighter to 1v1 him. Cast minions on Sarevok to buy yourself time.
    Makes sense. Tazok really is kind of a hanger-on in this fight; the real threat are the fireball arrows, 5th level spells and Sarevok's giant pile of hit points and powerful attacks.
    Last edited by Morty; 2014-12-11 at 04:25 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.