Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
You've got to wonder... did the guy actually try an assasin against a vehicle, and just get Uber lucky?
I once lost my Grey Knight LRC to a hunter killer in the first turn. Gaarghblsh, I was pissed. (I won though, so its far less aggravating than it could have been).

Nothing though, nothing at all, compared to my friend who lost a monolith and a necron lord on the same turn... to the same predator. THAT must have sucked.

Ooo and I rarely field my vindicare but I chose to to snipe out an ethereal. It was a wild success, when his front line troops fled, they forced the guys behind them to save, etc etc, until most of his army was fleeing. I'm proud of him for the way he recovered though:

He bottlenecked his troops by running them inbetween two pieces of terrain to get off the board and then planted a tank in the bottleneck, forcing his troops to run all around the terrain and tank to get off the board, which saved him from losing a lot of guys (he had hugged the sides to stay away from my melee, so he was damn close to retreat even before the ethereal was killed.)

That was a damn narrow game, it came down to 2 of my terminators dueling his devilfish, but he forgot I had the remnants of an IG platoon moving up behind with a meltagun. heh.