Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
Lately I've been considering branching out to other forums, just to get a little more variety and activity in my 4e life. Can you tell me why you don't care for the wizards.com board? Forewarned is forearmed ...
My experience is a lot in line with Kurald's.

The optimization board is excellent for getting strict-RAW answers and critiques of builds, but they play /very/ loosely with certain readings, often knowingly constructing builds that no DM in their right mind would ever let you play. It's an interesting thought exercise, but not much more.

Their rankings of certain classes/powers also often assume a level of competence in your party mates builds/tactics that I have literally never had at any table I've played at.

There's <20 people that post on there regularly. Some of them are fantastic people and will be friendly and helpful the entire time. Some of them are exceptionally rude and will do nothing but berate you, regardless of anything else.

The other boards are pretty quiet these days, but are a mix of those same people (who carry over the same personalities) and strict "optimization is antithetical to roleplay" zealots, and it's hard sometimes for threads not to devolve into those two groups bickering at the detriment of the original topic at hand.