Quote Originally Posted by Scipio_77 View Post
Depends on the levels you plan for. In my experienced in combat quickened lvl 1 and 2 spells can easily trump standard action lvl 5 and 6 spells, and sorc can't quicken (well, not without using a full round) but this is not relevant for all campaigns. However if playing very intensive campaigns with very little downtime the wizard is very much at a disadvantage compared to the sorcerer.

Personally I prefer the wizard. There are many situations where a sorcerer is better (and a sorc is almost always better in theoretical builds for theoretical situations). But the wizard (in my eyes) is just more fun: You get to "be anything" and it is really fun to chase spells.
I think i am going to go for wizard, cause the added bonus I get being more skill points, does allow me to skill monkey (which has pretty much always been my role in my group of friends)
plus, being able to change things up for any occasion is definitely invaluable.

Now I just need to get a list of what I need. Ive come up with a list so far, but the problem im seeing is...action economy. Most spells are standard actions and quickened increases a spell slot by 4, so...yea i have a lot of these spells but most are level 2 and a couple are 3, so Its gonna be awhile till I can quicken anything.

Dont mind some of the shortened descriptions of these, this was merely for my own reference. I memorized what most of these did (hence the ones not detailed out)
The idea I think ima go with.
Touch spells for damage, and some for debuffs (though the save dc is gonna be low) and ray spells for debuffs and some for damage.
The way I figure, I can channel spells into daggers so they when I do attack they do a bit more damage, but before that I can lessen the threat with spells like Ray of Enfeeblement.

Spoiler: Spells
Show

Level 0

level 1
Blades of Fire. 1d8 fire damage (swift)
Chill touch One touch/level deals 1d6 damage and possibly 1 Str damage.
Corrosive Grasp 1d8 acid dmg
Mage Armor +4 ac
True Strike +20 to hit.
shocking grasp 5d6
Ray of enfeeblement 1d6+1 /2 levels Str damage (1d6+3)

level 2
Heroics Gain a fighter Bonus feat (not sure what ima use this for, but it seems it could be useful at some point)
Hurtl Weapon returns
Infernal Wound 2 HP every turn/level
Burning Sword 1d6 1minute/level
Combust 1d8 fire dmg/level Ref save 15 or be caught on fire
Balancing Lorecall (with 10 ranks in balance, balance on any surface)
Touch if idiocy. 1d6 INT WIS CHA

level 3
Devlins Venom Blade (1d4 str damage. again after 1 minute
Dimension Step. Teleport up to base land speed.

level 4
Bestow Curse. -6 ability score/ -4 atk rolls
Corporeal Instability. Turns subject into a sponge basically