The Emperor

To the Online Inquisitor (Letter)

Spoiler
Show
And one can demand nothing more from the press, We are sure. And with all that, We must say that We still trust you more to publish Our unadulterated and edited word than other media outlets. In the city. For new, We would just like to draft a proclamation, properly proclaiming our return. A short notice, if you will.

"Rejoice!

His Imperial Majesty, Joshua Abraham Norton the Frist, Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico, Bringer of Power, has returned from His long and strenuous quest to retake the throne and crown He has left empty and in the capable hands of the president and Senate in Washington. Until proper palaces &c. can be constructed, He has taken his residence in the Court of Lady Esmeralda Lockhart, 162 21st Avenue, where He will hold court and speak the Imperial Justice, if such is necessary, every Sunday from after mass until the evening meal."

A simple matter, you will agree. We are sure that Our Imperial Herald can make this message heard across the city."

To the Shadow Lodge

Spoiler
Show
You misunderstand. There can be no doubt that You are, much as anyone in this city, are already Our subjects, being good citizens of America. We are merely extending you the protection You would enjoy anyway. It would deeply sadden Us to see you refuse it.

Sentinels [PM]

Spoiler
Show
"Very well. We will get right to the point. You have Elven blood, and you have problems.

We are an accomplished world walker ourselves. Now. There is a nation in the Veiled World that We would like to open diplomatic negotiations with. It is known to Us that the citizens of this nation have a deep and abiding respect for Elves and anything Elven. You may surmise where this is going.

What We would like from you is this: that you provide Us with a small retinue of your people, especially those in which the Elven blood is visibly noticeable, if you can, to accompany Us on a diplomatic mission to the Kingdom of Telamore, which is perhaps the strongest and certainly one of the oldest Veiled nations. I would, of course, guarantee their safety with every ounce of my power, Imperial and Magical.

In exchange, We can offer three things.
The first, my power as a noble. In addition to the elfish, Telamore respects the nobility. Together, we should be able to forge treaties that help not only the united states, but also yours in particular. We are sure you can use every resource you can get, in your current conflict.

Second, We have friends who know how to access another Veiled domain, known as The Forest. It is a primeval and mostly unspoiled wilderness, if a bit infested with monsters.

Third, my magic. We are a High Mage of Shadow, in addition to our political powers. We can promise favours of a magical nature.

So, what say you?

GM

Spoiler
Show
With the free PMs, I should have enough for those two and still some exchanging of techniques and lore. So, that should be fine.

The Scottish Play Café

Spoiler
Show
The Emperor is of course always glad to bestow His presence upon cultural events. We will gladly come.