Quote Originally Posted by Themrys View Post
Wow, the first one looks really professional. The second one has an interesting picture - is this a protagonist from a book or such?
I did that first one for a friend and her terminally ill mum, it had some special symbology for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
It didn't catch until I saw this post, but I think that might be Alanna from Tamora Pierce's Song of the Lioness books. Female knight plus red hair plus black cat with green eyes, and she's got the right coat-of-arms. Been a while since I thought about those... Is it your rendering of one of the actual covers? It looks like the sort of thing that might be, but I can't find one that matches.
Yep, that's her :)
It's a modified version of the cover from "In the hands of the goddess", a friend 'upgraded' her from leather armour and a knife to the full plate, sword & shield.
You can't see it since it's one shot, but the sword, rondels on the armour and a couple of other bits are mixed with shimmer paints, so the colour actually changes depending on the angle. Eg, the sword goes from blue to silvery gold depending on the angle & light.