View Single Post

Thread: /PF GitP Regulars as Vestiges!

1. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: /PF GitP Regulars as Vestiges!

Here's one for Abd al-Azrad. The granted abilities use a lot of spell-likes, but I like to think I made it interesting anyway.

Spoiler
    Show
    Abd al-Azrad
    The enigmatic scribe is known for his knowledge of forbidden and ancient lore, and even the ability to summon entities from the Far.

Legend: Little is known of Abd al-Azrad but the works he left behind, but the mere suggestions of the life behind the spidery writing paint a terrible image. He is most famous for his grimoire, the Al Azif, which speaks at length of the history of the far realms and their unnatural denizens. Though it is said that he was mad, his writing has a hideous clarity to it, shedding light on the unthinkable with such fierce precision that simply reading the text is a great danger- to take action on its contents, to perform the eldritch rituals therein, that spells certain doom. Yet... there is undeniable power in what he wrote, magic and knowledge that to the initiated might serve well.

Manifestation: When Abd al-Azrad is summoned tendrils of shadow erupt from the ground and wrench open a rift in space, through which the scribe passes through. He appears as a wizened wraith clad in white robes, human enough in appearance, but overshadowed by strange, flickering forms in midnight hues. He speaks in a distorted, echoing voice and stares off into the distance with unfocused eyes.

Sign: Red ink drips from your hands constantly while Abd al-Azrad is bound, though it evaporates rather than leaving stains. If your hands are covered the ink invariably bleeds through.

Influence: When compelled by the mad scribe you become obsessed with secrets. If presented an opportunity to learn a secret, whether by eavesdropping or opening a sealed letter, the fixation to learn it compels you. In addition, you feel the urge to write down each secret you uncover.

Granted Abilities: Armed with the skills of Abd al-Azrad, you have access to strange knowledge

Forbidden Secrets: You can use Knowledge checks untrained, and gain a +4 competence bonus to them. In addition, you may take a single wisdom damage to reroll a failed knowledge check with an additional +4 profane bonus to the roll.

Lurking Forces: Entities unseen but for thin, twisting shadows and distorted space move to subtly assist you at all times. This effect works like the Unseen Servant spell, except its duration lasts as long as Abd al-Azrad is bound.

Maddened Scribe: Using nothing more than the ink spilling from your hands, you may reproduce full works in a frenzy of writing. This effect works like the Amanuensis spell, but in the process of copying you also correct minor errors, such as corrupted names and mistaken etymology.

Tongues: When you bind the mad scribe, choose a number of languages equal to your intelligence modifier. For the duration of the binding, you can read, write, and speak in these languages. In addition once every five rounds you can speak in a stranger, indecipherable language. This has the effect of the Power Word: Pain spell.

Couldn't help myself with the little bit in Maddened Scribe.

Anyway, beyond if Abd wants to make a vestige on my avatar, someone can do one for me as well if they wish.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2014-12-29 at 01:25 AM.