1. - Top - End - #1819
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Since people are getting crayon drawings, I thought I would let people know what to kinda/sorta expect when it comes to custom framing. After hearing way too many horror stories about, ahem, frame jobs from the chain stores who shall go unnamed in this post, I went to a local custom framer in town.

They showed me a variety of frames (I'm a simple guy, so I went with a simple frame ), and what type of matting and glass I should go for.

Went for museum quality glass over "plain" UV glass since it was only a little bit more. Gonna cost me $150 total for whole thing, labor included. Would have only cost me approx $120 or so if I went the UV glass route. But I figured I spent over $250 for this thing so I might as well get the best glass I can, no?

All in all, I think it is going to be money well spent. I'll find out in a couple of weeks at least when I get it back.

So for people who are completely artistically inept like I am, call around where you live and see if what you can get.

(Also got the art print framed for 65 bucks. Went with plain ol' UV glass there coz I didn't care as much. It was also cheaper since it was much smaller than the crayon drawing.)
    Last edited by Porthos; 2015-01-07 at 06:35 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb