1. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2 Thread III: Keeping Up With The Karlings

Tried cheat-murdering the leader of the revolution. Didn't end it, an heir took over. So I looked around a bit and found another way - I teleported the leader into the Basilissa's dungeons.

Also the answer to 'how badly screwed are you when you're several hundred in debt' is 'not badly enough.' Although part of it is me mishandling the war.. I had the advantage of being the local power, so I got my forces together and made a mercs+retinue first strike, and destroyed the target's own forces pretty quickly. And then I made the mistake of letting the Byzzies merge up ~8k men while I had my own (roughly equivalent forces - with terrain advantage and better commanders I would have won) forces split up to siege more efficiently. Didn't notice any special disadvantage the Byzantine troops were under, although I think a good half or so of the forces were from the target and his allies within the empire and not from the Basilissa herself. Ended up peacing out with the warscore I got from the initial beatdown before they started camping out on my land.
    From what I've seen there are only two penalties to having a debt - a morale penalty for your armies, and various random events like "bandits appear in holding."
    Yeah, I checked her personal holdings and those counties are a wreck. The morale thing was what I was curious about - is there a way to know how harsh it is? Does it scale to the amount/length of being in debt, or is it a flat 'you're in debt, -10%' kind of thing that isn't very relevant if you have a winning position?
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2015-01-09 at 03:38 PM.