View Single Post

Thread: Critical failure!

1. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Critical failure!

Just day before yesterday, in a 5e game at my local comics shop, we're running through the Hoard of the Dragon Queen,

Spoiler: party makeup, not really that important
    Show
    (this time, we just got a new guy, and lost two players in the past few weeks before) is a human Sorcerer, a human (I think, never bothered to check) War Cleric with a 20 AC (22, on this occasion, because shield of faith), a halfling rogue (assassin track), a human rogue (assassin track as well), a high elf rogue (Arcane Trickster, my character), human Barbarian/Druid who is almost always in bear form, a human fighter (unsure of track/archetype/whatever its called now), a gnome beastmaster ranger, and the new guy, a dragonborn ranger. (Focusing on bows. Yeah, its his first character...)

We are fighting through the castle courtyard of whatever its called, our bearbearian, as we call him has charged in and gotten absolutely surrounded by enemies, with the halfling riding on his back. He has absolutely no armor class, and he's just barely still a bear. Our human rogue tries to help out, shooting at one of the enemies surrounding him, probably a lizardman (they're weak, but there were about half a dozen of them, and a dozen bullywogs), rolls a one, and shoots him in the ass with his longbow. With 3d6 of sneak attack. Needless to say, this takes him out of bear form. In fact, it nearly kills him, and dumps the halfling on the ground, prone, in a situation where standing up will provoke an AoO. Luckily we managed to save them from dying.
    Last edited by Svata; 2015-01-16 at 08:48 AM.
    Copy this to your signature if you love Jade_Tarem, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    A 20th-level fighter should be able to break rainbows in half with their bare hands and then dual-wield the parts of the rainbow.

Dual-wield the rainbow. Taste the rainbow.