The Impure
Loyalty 16

To Atelier Lyrica
Spoiler
Show
We’ll certainly be happy to send someone by. Are you interested in working on the Cathedral? It would likely take up a good deal of your time, but we hope the rewards will be proportionally great. Even traders from beyond the city would hear of your work, we can assure you of that. Might drum up some business.

If you want to talk about the Cathedral, I’ll send over someone with authority on the subject.

If not, it would probably be best just to send your would-be apprentices over directly. They can broker any lesser supply deals you might be interested in, and you can get to know each other at the same time.

To House Alaudae
Spoiler
Show
The training is certainly safe. Though for best results, we recommend imbibing ributazol, which has been known to cause migraines, dizziness, and temporary loss of motor control. We’d also expect your people to do some training in return. Explain on what philosophy you’ve built such a successful business. The goal, after all, is to understand each other, to understand all in the city, as much as it is to understand anything as ethereal as the universe. Though ultimate cosmic knowledge never hurt anyone. Or is it that ultimate knowledge always hurts? Hmm…

If you set a date for your trip, let us know and we’ll see what we can contribute. An opportunity to get some of our people to the City of Light to learn firsthand what resources are available there would be valuable. If your workers have already learned something of our philosophy, we would be able to work efficiently together.

Could the Cathedral perhaps launch airships from an enormous rubber band? Or link via portal to a sister temple in the City of Light?

To Tha Undaspire Krew
Spoiler
Show
“And therein lies the problem,” the messengers nod solemnly. “We don’t dance to the same tune. Yet. Come to the Halls of Refinement, and you will learn about us. And we will learn about you. The Impure will understand all the dances of the City, although not every tune will uplift our souls. You’ve heard the heartbeat of the City, you know as well as we do that all is not as it should be. We need to learn to work in harmony before we can create a masterpiece together. The Cathedral is our masterpiece. Yours, mine, the City’s, if the city will listen. Everyone from the ivory tower intellectuals to the soot-covered workers will see that change can be brought about from down here just as well as it can be mandated from on high by gods or emperors.”
Spoiler
Show
OOC: While it’s true that once this trait is complete, you’d lose out on a lot by refusing to work with me, the reverse is just as true. If we don’t come to a mutually beneficial arrangement, I lose out on just as much as you. My main goal for the Cathedral is to increase Reputation for everyone involved in building it. It may or may not do anything else mechanically, depending on how the flavor develops. Incidentally, developing the flavor is in itself my secondary goal. I just want to have fun with this one, and see how many connections I can make while doing it.

To Titan Shipping
Spoiler
Show
Perhaps we could work to make the Cathedral accessible to all. Or add scrying mirrors for your guard top watch over the city from. Or a secret network of tunnels. Or a secret network of scrying tunnels, with lasers.

Tell us more about this guard. How are you setting it up? What does it do, and why? We have some interest in keeping the lower city independent, at least to a degree.