View Single Post

Thread: Amazing monsters a wizard can create?

1. - Top - End - #1

Default Amazing monsters a wizard can create?

Looking for amazing creatures the wizard can create. Not summon, not enslave, create, like effigies, golems, etc. Size is also a factor since my DM is nit picky about huge creatures fitting inside caves. I'm interested in the strongest creature for the CL, and the strongest medium creature, and the strongest large creature for the CL. I already had a thread on different ways to get soldiers (animal training), but right now I'm only interested in created servants.

Also, getting the highest CL possible at a super low level is a different topic, which is why my lists are organized in caster level rather than character level.

CL5-CL12: 5-12 headed Hydra Effigy. Can't beat their move-and-attack-x-times.

CL7:
    Red Dragon Effigy. Medium effigy with 5 attacks per round.

CL8:
    Gold Dragon Effigy. Medium effigy with 5 attacks per round.

CL10:
    Young Adult Gold Dragon skeleton. Strongest dragon you can animate without Draconomicon.

CL14:
    Greater Stone Golem.

CL16:
    Max HD Iron Golem.
    Runic Guardian for a free 7th level or lower spell. Simulacrum and permanency are amazing candidates.

CL17:
    Max HD Shadesteel Golem. Cast a shadow evocation continual flame on it for a permanent hasted golem with regeneration equal to the shadow evocation, so with heighten spell, 9hp/sec.

CL21:
    Great Wyrm Gold Dragon Skeleton/Zombie. Strongest dragon you can animate with Draconomicon. Zombie if you want flight and breath weapon.

CL35:
    Max HD Iron Colossus. The strongest construct in the game I think. Can stand its own against most of the epic level monsters, like abominations and dragons.

Other:

• Spellstitched Undead. Spells up to 6th level or lower for free. Problem is creature needs high WIS, meaning they're intelligent, sentient, and aren't under your control without diplomacy-related stuff. Or mind control.
    • Ice Assassin. Nuff said.
    Last edited by RoboEmperor; 2015-01-31 at 03:28 AM.