1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Base Class Challenge Chat Thread IV: All Your Base [Class] Are Belong to Us

For ease so I dont' have to click back and forth between tabs. Bolded for clarification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    Summon Creature: A spellshaper may use mana to summon creatures. At second level he can summon monsters off the Summon Nature's Ally I (including those Granted by the Child of Winter feat from the Eberron campaign setting), Summon Undead I, and Summon Monster I lists. Every even levels after that, they may cast from the list one level higher. He must take 1 full round to cast the spell and spend an amount of mana equal to half the spell level of the list he intends to summon from rounded up. If the summon has one of the traits listed below, he must spend at least one mana of the corresponding color. If the trait appears for more than one color, he may spend either color (A creature with the fey type may be summoned with blue or green mana). If the summon has traits from two separate lists, both colors must be spent (A fiendish shark must have both Blue and Black mana spent to summon it). The creature remains until it is destroyed, or until the spellshaper's manabonds are broken. A spellshaper may not use a higher level use of this ability to summon multiple of a creature from a lower list. Each level of Summon Creature is considered as a separate spell for the purposes of the number of times it can be cast per combat and the wait until it can be cast again.
    Required Color Trait
    White Good Subtype, Air Subtype, Celestial Template
    Blue Water Subtype, Air subtype, Aquatic subtype, Fey type
    Black Undead, Evil Subtype, Vermin, Fiendish Template
    Red Earth Subtype, Fire Subtype
    Green Non-aquatic animals and magical beasts exclusive to Summon Nature's Ally, Plants, Fey type
    Can you be specific on list crossover for Summon Nature's Ally and Summon Monster? Green relates only to Magical Beasts and Animals, so I'm not sure if I'm seeing what you're seeing. Fiendish Wolves are intended to be black. Should that be "Non-Aquatic Non-templated animals and magical beasts"? By exclusive I meant that specific entry, I was thinking that Fiendish animal and Animal counted as two separate things to summon.

Red also gets Salamanders, Mephits, Thoqqua, Hell Hounds (with black), but yeah, it does look like mostly elementals.Then agian, they will have the most offensive direct damage spells (near exclusively), and they'll get a second color soon enough that I don't think it will be too big of an issue.
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2015-01-30 at 08:08 PM.