Armor evolution will be prevalent in these versions, remember the core book will probably contain info on all of these, so that the GM can use evolutions at their own discretion. There's no saying that armor evolution, using cards, or biomerging can't exist in every game. OK. So if we think both tamers/digimon should operate via a talent tree system, lets get people theorizing the talent trees while someone comes up with how combat should work, I think d20 works best.

I'll personally volunteer for talent trees, i think I'm best suited for that.

If you want to volunteer for combat post in here, and then start working on a template. Then post said template in this group so it can be gone over and we can modify talent trees around that.

If you want to help me on talent trees also please post, but post with an email I can use for sending over google docs.

As for digivolutions, I agree there should be a penalty for digivolving, as you don't want people to perma-mega, taking turns is a great idea, also if we have a stat on the tamer called "spirit" or something that could operate sort of like chakra in naruto, draining as they use abilities, or in the case of digimon, each turn the tamer's digi-spirit is drained by keeping their digimon in an evolved form, higher forms such as mega costing a lot of digi-spirit per turn. This mechanic would work because it would force tamers to conserve as if their digi-spirit runs out, they're stuck with a rookie digimon.