Quote Originally Posted by Talar View Post
This really isn't a woe, I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what to look for if a girl is interested in me. A little background, I asked this girl to dinner, she said yes but that she was not ready for anything but still wanted to as friends. (I over thought this and came up with 3 possibilities, it was just a dinner as friends, its her way of letting me down easy, or her way of getting to know me/evaluating everything before moving on to anything). So the dinner happened, I enjoyed it very much. Now, I want to look back and try to determine what the deal is here. So if people can give me some simple advice as to what to look for to determine interest that would be great since I am horrible at reading people in general. I hope this makes sense. Hope everyone is doing well.
I'd just assume that she wanted to go as friends. If it was a case of letting you down easy it would probably have involved some way of not going to the dinner, and while there is some possibility of romantic interest, I generally assume that isn't there unless there's a really good indication. Plus, if the getting to know you case is correct, she'll probably inform you.