One of my friends plays Time Walks, it's a hilarious deck.

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
Thank you. Just so you know you're the only person I've asked who's given real advice on the question and taken the question at face value.
Your supposition is half right, I'm also trying to make Hero's Blade work with it too.
I'll definitely give your advice a once over. I think I even already have the cards to make it work so that's nice too.

The deck I built for playtesting is basically all Legendary singleton except for some mana dorks and a single Chromanticore. Built it from what I have to hand and havn't done any trading for it yet. Used nothing but the common nonbasic gain-life delay lands and a few of the uncommon tri-lands. Though the deck is singleton I had enough copies of a few of the cheaper legendaries that I put together it a transformative sideboard.
Some interesting things to note:
Hero's Blade is rubbish with the gods until you can get them online.
Getting gods online is much easier with all the multicolor legends in the deck.
Without the mana dorks a single nonlegendary combo piece/beater is neat to combine with Jalira, Master Polymorphist.
I forgot Hero's Blade was a card legal in Standard, but that does seem like a good one as well. Both it and Heroes' Podium seem pretty sweet with Alesha, though. Attack with Alesha, get King Macar, put Hero's Blade on King Macar seems like a good sequence of plays against all those 4/5s in the format. If you decide to go for as few colors as possible, RB does seem like a pretty decent place to be with the Legendary deck. I do like Alesha a whole lot, though, so I might be biased.

Yeah, I would probably play only a few Gods because for the most part, they don't count as creatures. Just because of the legal Legendary Creatures and the fact that your support cards are both colorless artifacts, there's not really a whole lot of mana symbols to go around. If you don't want their abilities, they're just not worth playing. That said, some of them have pretty useful abilities in legendary decks, like Ephara, Thassa, and Pharika.

Some stronger lands might help you a great deal. Based on what I looked at, you basically have to play 3 colors or you won't be able to play enough good Legendary creatures. You might be able to get something 2 color to work but some of your cards wouldn't have all their abilities active. I'd suggest finding some fetch lands as they come into play untapped and will help you with speed, or simply playing fewer colors so you can afford to play some basic lands. Given how expensive many of your cards are, speed is going to be pretty important for you. You're gonna want to at least play a creature on turn 3 so you don't get run over by the faster decks.