Yggdrasil

((It's Red Mars, then Green Mars, and finally Blue Mars. All by Kim Stanley Robinson.))

"Should be. I don't know for certain, though- I've not met them yet. They'll be here about... Now." She closes her eyes as speaks the last bit to concentrate on the feeling. As she says 'now', a large red squirrel bounds around the tree trunk, coming to a stop a few metres away. The squirrel is scaled to slightly larger than a horse, and riding on its back are three more dryads that quickly climb off to greet the newcomers. The first to approach appears elfin, with a slender build and pointed ears; she's thinner by far than Veggmaleri, and appears a year or so younger. The next is built more solidly; not fat or muscular, but less elfin and more buxom; she seems about seventeen, and slightly taller than the first. The third is the shortest; also elfin in build, with incredibly long, delicate ear-points; she appears to be the youngest, about fourteen, and keeps the taller girls between her and the strangers.

The thinnest dryad is the first to speak, and curtsies. "Welcome, sister. I am Korisfa, and these are Yteved and Blodau." Yteved being the human-framed one, and Blodau being the smallest. Both curtsy themselves as they hear their names; Blodau's curtsy is the lowest and most graceful, despite all three being completely nude and lacking skirts to spread.

((This should have been posted yesterday, but I think I accidentally logged out & closed before pressing the 'submit' button. It was all saved, however.))