1. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Peebles' Perfectly Pointless Popular Prattle - Random Banter #211

RE: Dr Who

One of my professors (a Dr Abbott) has listed on his page that he is not to be confused with the fourth doctor, and links to this article on the matter.

Sue me, I thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Everyone in here is speaking nonsense, and not the good sort that can responded to in kind, but the bad sort that requires specific responses to draw out a further response.

Nertz.
    Well, the topic of Dr Who has at least sparked some back and forth, but yeah. Kind of a sad state of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    And what's wrong with asking that?
    It stifles conversation. It's draining to have to fight an uphill battle to have one in a thread ostensibly about them. It is, I suspect, the reason the old thread lasted for over two months instead of being burnt through in a week or two as the older RBs were.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    That wasn't a question... You have confused me, LaZ. *hands out a cookie*
    I wanna cookie ;w;

ION: I think I can officially say that I have taken up drinking coffee at this point, as I'm purchasing it on an almost-daily basis now.

So, as a coffee n00b, is there any way to drink it at a reasonable temperature without scalding one's tongue? I would prefer having the use of my taste buds for the rest of the day, but some combination of impatience and inexperience result in my inevitably managing to 1) deign that my desire for the drink is more important than my taste buds and summarily burn myself, or 2) accidentally not drinking it quickly enough - getting distracted, the like - and returning to it only to find my coffee has gone cold.

Wat do?

Also, I've been drinking pretty much just espresso (for the caffeine content) and want to branch out a bit, so... Any suggestions on coffee things that are good to try? Brands, general types, ways to prepare it, places to buy from, food that goes good with each/in general, etc. I prefer my coffee black (mostly out of principle, because I'm an insufferable purist on the matter despite not partaking in the drink very much, but I'm also trying not to add any extra sugar to my diet where I can help it), so coffees that stand alone excellently are especially welcome.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2015-02-17 at 12:41 AM.
    A few odds and ends.