Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
Is Doctor Who worth finding online? I hadn't looked, and only know of it via mild cultural osmosis.
I'd say you should maybe find a few decent episodes to watch and then see if you're sufficiently interested to watch the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
Are the villains an actual presence within the show that do anything other than make the Doctor look like a badass? (Say what you like about the RTD era, at least the villains were used well. Usually)
Snrk. Pfft. Excuse me, I'm just stifling laughter at that parenthesised statement. RTD just used the villains badly in different ways.

Does the series now suddenly care about its previously established continuity?
I can't think of any instance in which the show has explicitly contradicted its continuity, before or after the most recent regeneration. Feel free to present me with an argument otherwise.

Is Clara a consistent character?
This is a criticism I've never understood. The character is presented, she emotes, no part of her personality has ever struck me as inconsistent. Yet people keep throwing this criticism out, just like they always used to say David Tennant only had three differently facial expressions.

Is Danny Pink around for longer than the episode he dies in? Also, does anyone besides Danny Pink die? Because seriously, nobody important dies anymore which is kind of a problem when you want to convince us that the characters are in danger!!
When have important people ever died consistently in Doctor Who? I mean, it depends how strictly you define important, but the implication of this statement is that you're considering Danny Pink, a character who was around for the whole series and given a bunch of stuff in promotional materials, thus effectively third billing after the Doctor and Clara, to be unimportant. At which point your definition of important is the central characters of the Doctor and the companion(s), and their deaths are always incredibly rare and notable.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
Everyone in here is speaking nonsense, and not the good sort that can responded to in kind, but the bad sort that requires specific responses to draw out a further response.

Nertz.
Well maybe instead of insulting us all by calling our favoured conversation topic 'nonsense' you could actually try and have a conversation about something you can talk about. That is, after all, what this thread is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
It stifles conversation. It's draining to have to fight an uphill battle to have one in a thread ostensibly about them. It is, I suspect, the reason the old thread lasted for over two months instead of being burnt through in a week or two as the older RBs were.
No, I'm pretty sure that happened because people just weren't talking to each other so much, or not in as timely a fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
Probably won't be showing her "Torchwood".
Most of it's pretty bad anyway.

I guess the argument could be made that we should really be having this conversation in the Doctor Who thread. But it started here naturally and so it's continuing here.