I can totally see the fluff-related arguments for and against this. I personally just think it seems smooth and logical that, like, races who are inherently magical have an easier time combining like thievery and magic (AT) or fighting and magic (EK) than people who don't, like, have magic in their frickin' blood. Anyway, I could see people not buying that, and that's fair enough. Fluff is very subjective.

This whole thing just kinda irks me because there was no inherent abuse, it made a lot of fun if suboptimal PrCs (like AT, which is something that doesn't really have a base class equivalent in PF in terms of role) viable. I mean, yeah, my group will probably just houserule this away. I guess I mostly feel bad for PFS folks and people whose GMs treat Paizo FAQs as gospel or whatever. Like, it doesn't personally affect me (at least unless our group votes to play by this new FAQ) but it seems unnecessary and, like Ssalarn said, I cannot fathom why you'd ever wanna rule in favour of fewer build options when abuse or balance ain't an issue. Anyway, yeah. Not the dramatic moment of the year. Just a mild, dull letdown.