View Single Post

Thread: High DEX and Armor

1. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: High DEX and Armor

Quote Originally Posted by elonin View Post
    If your items are attended (worn for armor) then they don't have to save unless you roll a 1. And it's up to each DM as to if they want to roll for all your items in that case. So don't worry about the armor.

I don't understand what you mean about your armor having a natural armor of some value if it is attacked. Are you referring to it's resistance to being sundered? Many tables have the same sort of agreement with sunder that they do with disjunction. If the players use it then it's fair game for the DM.

Your third question is really up to the DM. To be honest I've never heard of a DM targeting armor, as it's normally just more effective to mess with or kill your character directly. The only time I've heard of sunder being used is against weapons.

Having played high dex characters before I like Mithrial Chain but that goes only so far. Inertial Armor is great and naturally has no max dex bonus. Neither do bracers of armor. If you can talk your cleric into casting magic vestment on you that works also.
    Thing is, Clockwork Armor speciffically says that it can be directly attacked, having an AC bonus of 5 + DEX + Deflection.
    And my armor is not subject to saving throws unless I roll a natural 1? Can you point which book says that to me?

@Invader: I believe you are right, but Clockwork would get me an additional +10 AC, and that would be nice.

Can I change the materials that make the armor?
    Last edited by bootzin; 2015-02-24 at 12:46 AM.