Quote Originally Posted by LordotTrinkets View Post
The purpose of my suggestion wasn't to narrow the field, it was to maybe allow some monsters to be reconsidered.
As Throknor mentioned, any monster that needs this feat to explain the escape is still going to be marked down for not being able to explain the Escape as its vanilla version. Any monster that can explain the escape without it is prima facie a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by LordotTrinkets View Post
Grey_Wolf: I read that part about "stray dimension lock", but due to the wording used it seemed like there were a lot of ifs involved. I was figuring that this might be a runner-up to that or something.
There are two ifs to the stray dimension lock theory: does a dimension lock stop the casting of teleport? And, did MitD get hit by the stray dimension lock? As far as I know, we do not have answers to those questions. Your theory has instead the following: Does such feat even exist? And, when and how did MitD gain 3 HD above and beyond the base for his creature type, that he could have selected such a feat? The first one is the real killer - maybe if someone knows of such a feat, we can consider it, but as it is, it's too much in the air for my taste.

Yours,

Grey Wolf