Quote Originally Posted by RoyVG View Post
I found the situation quite ironic (I even told her), because the same story was told to me the first time I confessed my feelings for a different girl, with only a couple of minor differences. The main difference is that this girl was eager to continue the friendship we had built up over the last months and expand upon it. She didn't want to give it up and she even said she would hunt me down if I wanted to end it. Yesterday we had our first video-chat and it was great and we had a lot of fun seeing each other for the first time.

While technically I was rejected again, I did not feel so bad about it. The thing is that I now feel the urge to help her with her problem. People that have read my previous post a couple of pages back will see that I tried to do this with the previous girl as well, but that backfired in an extremely bad way. I want to offer her my help, and I want to bring this up, but I feel there is no good way to do so. Does anyone have any advice, should I mention it to her or not, or should I be more passive in my approach? Or should I just leave it altogether?
It's hard to say with people who shouldn't be on OKC with dating as one of their interests in the first place because they know they're not ready to date right now. But, it seems you've gotten a definitive no or at least a definitive no, not for the indefinite future.

So it seems like your main course of action is to either disentangle yourself from her(which seems undesirable to you at present) or to be as much of a friend as she is comfortable with letting you be for now and then seeing how things develop, if you gain enough trust from her to play therapist and you want to play therapist, then, ok, that might happen, but don't try to force it.

Especially don't try to force it as part of a stratagem to land yourself in relationship territory with her.

Now, you may be able to ask her about what the issue is at some point, just so you don't make any missteps by dancing around in the dark around the elephant in the room, or at least ask her if she's up for a conversation about weightier things and then if she says yes delve into that. Definitely no fun to play a game of Mao in an interpersonal relationship, though, even if it is just as internet penpals.