View Single Post

Thread: Best Feats of 3.5

1. - Top - End - #18
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Best Feats of 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    <facepalm> Crap, that's what I forgot when transferring this from my Word document... because I mainly play with my Giants and Graveyards houserules, and this started off as a utility for me, I wanted to include text about them. It was read in my Word doc, but got lost in the transition. I think one of my G&G-specific sections got tangled with the normal PHB feats, too. I'll fix some now, and deal with the G&G-specific text later on.
    Ahhh. OK. That's gotta be pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    I deliberately didn't include most prerequisite feats because, well, they're prerequisites. They're things you're forced to take, while this list is things you want to take. It's not a complete list, admittedly, but it's everything I could find from the books I have access to.
    I support your reasoning here. Being a prerequisite doesn't make a feat good. Having prerequisites can make a feat less good though, because the cost of taking it can come to be more than the value it actually gives.

Quote Originally Posted by endur View Post
    I'm going to ignore the complete feats, but let's talk about the PHB feats... these ratings are going to be very campaign dependent.

In some campaigns, CRAFT X feats are worthless, in other campaigns the CRAFT X feats are AWESOME.
    Yep. Crafting is one of the more campaign dependent things one can (try to) do.

Quote Originally Posted by endur View Post
    Also where is Point Blank Shot? Nearly every archer has that feat.
    That's because Point Blank Shot is a terrible, terrible feat that is worse than Weapon Focus. Weapon Focus!

Every archer has that feat because they're required to have that feat to get access to things like Precise Shot so they can shoot into melee or Rapid Shot so they can get off more shots in a round without having 2 levels in Ranger.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2015-02-24 at 11:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide