View Single Post

Thread: Mummy's Mask (OOC)

1. - Top - End - #135
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Mummy's Mask (OOC)

All right, I looked into the rules and it looks like, per RAW, you could do this with zero chance of failure even if the rope was a mile long. That doesn't sound right to me. I'll rule that you take a -1 cumulative penalty on the check for every two checks attempted.

Also, I got it wrong, you need to do one check per move action. At quarter speed with a base of 30, that's one check per 7.5 feet, total 7 checks to travel down the 50-ft rope.

For Calathon, that's not a problem: By taking 10, he gets a result of 11 which is always successful even after he takes a total -3 penalty. Vershab, however, will find the exertion slightly challenging... Or very challenging, if he wants to carry all his equipment. Right now he carries 67 pounds, a Heavy load for him. This means a -6 on the Climb checks. On top of that, his speed is presently 20, meaning he needs 10 checks to get all the way down.

Acrobatics check to transfer from the rope to the ladder without falling: DC12, Calathon succeeds.
    Strength check DC10 for Grekka to hold the ladder steady for Calathon: (1d20+4)[5]
    (Note that DC will become 12 for somebody over 200 pounds, such as a fully loaded Vershab, or DC14 for over 250 pounds, such as a fully loaded Lehasti).

If Grekka fails, Acrobatics (1d20+3)[22] DC15 for Calathon to avoid (1d6)[3] falling damage.
    (I can't see Calathon's Acrobatics score on his sheet? I figured +4 Dex -1 ACP)
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2015-02-26 at 08:27 AM.