View Single Post

Thread: Group-friendly barbarian (pathfinder)

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Group-friendly barbarian (pathfinder)

Hi all,
    I'm running into what may be a problem with the other players in my group. I'm playing as a half-orc barbarian, invulnerable rager. Optimizing is relatively straightforward. I haven't taken Power Attack yet for RP purposes, and now I've leveled up to take a new feat. Power Attack is the obvious choice, and with it, I would 1-hit KO most enemies. Sounds great, right?

Well, since I'm already earning most of the party's kills, the other players don't get as much time to shine. The rogue can't sneak attack anyone because I've already killed them. The caster puts up environmental visibility hazards that interfere with melee attackers. You get the picture. Nobody's complained about it upfront, but it shows when some of the other players get bored during combat.

So, rather than up my damage output, I was thinking of pulling back and building a more "cooperative" barbarian. Maybe invest in maneuvering and battlefield control techniques. Yes, I realize that it's counter-intuitive and inefficient, but it might make the game more fun for everyone. Is this a terrible idea? Assuming it's not a terrible idea, how would I do this?
    Last edited by punchbeard; 2015-03-04 at 02:29 AM. Reason: did not specify Pathfinder