View Single Post

Thread: Group-friendly barbarian (pathfinder)

1. - Top - End - #14
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Group-friendly barbarian

The campaign is Pathfinder. I thought I tagged it in the thread but should have clarified that earlier. I've also been in another of this GM's campaigns, and he knows what he's doing - horrible things will come later.

Anyhow, what I'm hearing is a bit disheartening. Barbarian doesn't scale much past level 5? How do I keep up scale to the other players? Considering that I use multiple weapons, Weapon Focus/Dazzling Display is too costly. Maybe at some point I could fight with a bardiche and use 5-foot steps when appropriate.

Combat Reflexes could be really useful with my 2 DEX bonus, but I'm unsure how often it would be useful. I considered Dodge or Ironhide, which could help while raging, though their following feats don't seem that great for me, especially if I take Guarded Stance later. Power Attack is the prerequisite for some useful feats, like Improved Bullrush/Sunder (are they useful at higher levels?), though so it looks like I'm going with that for now, and figure out what to do later.

As for rage powers, I know to take Beast Totem at 6 and Greater Beast Totem at 10. I have no animal companion or mount. So, for level 4, I'm thinking Guarded Stance, Guarded Life, or Superstition. If I take Superstition, then I go for Disruptive at 8, otherwise Guarded Life or Increased DR.

Opinions? Suggestions?
    Last edited by punchbeard; 2015-03-03 at 11:20 AM.