View Single Post

Thread: Group-friendly barbarian (pathfinder)

1. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Group-friendly barbarian

the scale does depend on the way the others play.
    but you will find that the majority of problems will be solved by casters.

in combat you need to remain relevant. so you either need to output hideous damage (through power attacking with a 2 handed weapon and adding multipliers) or to do something that locks down combat, like a tripper or something like that.

i would take power attack, then i would take shock trooper if you are allowed it. leap attack later on.

if you did not take spirit lion at level 1 then i suggest you try to find another way of getting pounce. possibly turning into a were- animal with it. its not necessary if your group are quite low powered.

as long as you remain out damaging everyone then you are doing your job. if the others complain then say " the rogue has skills and you guys have spells. i have a big stick".
    another point is say "if im doing a tonne of damage then the enemies will want to kill me first. meaning i am tanking for you and keeping you alive."

but outside of combat you will start to wane in power a lot.

edit - just realised this may be pathfinder, so whatever the equivalent is or ask your Dm to take those 3.5 feats.
    Last edited by sideswipe; 2015-03-03 at 11:29 AM.
    Damn girl you definitely have a +8 size modifier to AC!