View Single Post

Thread: The Necromancer IC

1. - Top - End - #208
    Banned

Default Re: The Necromancer IC

Spoiler: Stuff
    Show

I rolled a d20 for damage. But no worries, I rolled off-screen instead, and it worked out as intended anyways.

Two gnolls make their way past Ardvil, but he isn't having any of that. Ignoring the gnoll attacking him, he turns in pursuit. The gnoll gets a free attack, but Ardvil shrugs it off like it was nothing. Of course not feeling any pain makes that less impressive than if he were still alive.

Felidae focusses on the gnoll approaching from the east, sending two quick shots at it ((and she gets a bonus to hit, because I have thus far forgotten she has rapid shot)).

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Gnolls vs Ardvil: (1d20+5)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[7]

Ardvil vs Gnoll: (1d20+7)[12]
    Damage: (1d12+5)[12]

Felidae vs. gnolls: (1d20+6)[7] and (1d20+6)[22]
    Damage: (1d6)[1] and (1d6)[1]

The remaining gnoll gets the privilege of trying to save - will vs 13: (1d20)[14]

Felidae is so sad right now.

Ardvil misses. That means all three gnolls finally have a chance reach Thanat and Felidae.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

To avoid double posting ... I'll roll dice. 9/9/12/2 ... as follows:

First Ardvils AoO as a gnoll once again leaves his tackle zone. He cuts the gnoll down, further reducing the remaining number of enemies.

Two gnolls reach Thanat and Felidae. One strikes at Thanat, getting a 12 vs his ac of 19 I think, including mage armor. A miss. Another swings it's axe at Felidae, hitting 15 vs her ac of 17. Another miss. Finally, the last gnoll attacks Ardvil from behind, getting a 5 vs 15. Miss, miss, miss.

The turn goes once more to the heroes.

All of the above is, btw, without even counting that all enemies have -2 to attacks around Ardvil. So they do even worse. Gnolls are no match for you.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2015-03-04 at 05:35 PM.