Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
You heard the deep booming of the gun just as you shoved Snow Eyes out of the way. You felt the shot like the snap of a whip in your head and a burning streak along your flank before your body went limp. [3 harm - 1 armor, 2 harm total, plus 1 s-harm: any action you perform is Under Fire]
It hurt every bit as much as she thought it would, and more. Jade Sun was not the kind of pony who could take bullets with dashing grace, instead she crashed down on to Snow Eyes with no attempt at hiding her pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
What the hay? They were in the middle of town. And Angel was bleeding. "No, you idiot!" I'm shouting as Angel is on top of me. I meant it too because why the hell would the doctor ever take a bullet for me?!
Jade Sun did not feel inclined to argue this point. She was every bit the idiot Snow Eyes accused her of and she knew it. Had she not just ranted at her how no bloodied pony would come through her door again today? And then she goes and does this. Jade Sun took herself very seriously and therefore the irony of the situation was nearly as painful to her as the bleeding wound.

At first she did not try to move. She was in a lot of pain and the bullet had pierced her pride as well as her flank. She just lay sprawled over Snow Eyes, wings spread wide and face down in the snow. Well done, Jade, you f*cking idiot.

She soon stirred, however; it occurred to her that Charger might have heard the shot and turned back, and Jade was suddenly extremely conscious of the comment she had made earlier and the fact that she was now lying in a heap with Snow Eyes. With a face wrinkled by winces, she tried to get up from on top of Snow Eyes and back on her hooves despite the pain.

[Suffer harm: 2d6+2=7
Acting under fire: 2d6+1=6]