Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
Potentially better grammar, more complex sentiments and concepts can be processed and communicated back and forth and a sophont has the ability to learn and understand and internalize and generalize from information it has received, though how effective this is varies based upon the mental ability scores.

Do you see any scenario where you'd want to have the answer be otherwise for drama that would actually lead to increasing player engagement or fun? It seems more liable to lead to negative play experiences to me.
Well. The original idea was to have just a NORMAL plant in charge of the entire country. But then I got to thinking. Could one of those even understand complex questions? Global politics? Morality, and memory? So I went to using an Awakened one.

I think it would be funnier if it was a normal plant. And they had to talk to it using Speak with Plants. But if a typical tree isn't mentally competent enough to rule a country, I have to Awaken it. Which has upsides, and downsides. Upside, it can basically be Treant from Golden Sun. Downside, they can't kill it by simply lighting it on fire. Because with 300+ HP, it would take even this party 4-5 rounds to down him. All while getting beat on by a tree. Which I have to admit would be kind of funny. But I kind of wanted to keep the option of actually overthrowing the plant king as an option to them.

So that's kind of where this line of questioning was going. I'm trying to decide which one I'm going to use. It looks like either way, I'm going to have to make a judgement call, because there's no clear RAW answer to all these questions that I have. Which, after 15 YEARS, you would think someone would have noticed by now. But, anyway.

In your best judgement, would a plant ruling a country need to be Awakened in order to do a sufficient job? Or is it possible a normal tree could do just as well?