Thread: Battlemage [looking for help]

1. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Battlemage [looking for help]

Quote Originally Posted by Leuku View Post
    D8 for certain.
    Sounds good.

Need a list to choose from.
    I'm away from my books right now, is there anything in the Wizard or Fighter skill lists you think I should avoid?

Considering the presence of Dueling, I would have expected your Battlemage to have proficiency in shields. But it doesn't. Wizards don't typically use shields, but I can imagine a Battlemage using shields prolifically.
    Good point. I'm biased because I hate shields, but yes, they should have proficiency.

The latter feature is too powerful. It grants you unlimited on-demand advantage/disadvantage with your spells at 2nd level. The Eldritch Knight's 10th level feature only grants disadvantage on a creature's next save against the EK's spells. You've taken the EK's 10th level feature and then essentially double its power, and this isn't including the other feature at 2nd level. I recommend leaving the former spell as is and moving the latter feature to a much higher level, perhaps around 14th.
    I can't quite make sense of your recommendation, could you clarify?

Capstone could be something related to action economy. This class is meant to meld Sword and Spell together, right? Maybe at 20th level you can cast cantrips that have a casting time of 1 action using 1 bonus action instead.
    It's meant to do the opposite, really. I want to reward alternating between casting and combat rather than combine them. Maybe they could regain a spell slot on a crit affected by Sword and Sorcery, up to the level of the spell in the previous turn or 5th, whichever is lower? Not sure if that would be too rare or too common.
    Last edited by Dhavaer; 2015-03-12 at 09:35 PM.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?